Created by Jeni Wright
- 5 large tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a good pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1.2 litres/2 pints hot vegetable stock(made with boiling water and 4 rounded tsp bouillon powder)
- Peel and chop the onions, carrots, and garlic.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut each tomato into quarters and slice off any hard cores.
- Chop one celery stick roughly the same size.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrot, celery, and garlic to the saucepan and cook until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the saucepan and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar, salt, and black pepper to the saucepan and stir well.
- Slowly pour in the 1.2 litres/2 pints hot vegetable stock( made with boiling water and four rounded tsp bouillon powder), stirring at the same time to mix it with the vegetables.
- Turn up the heat as high as it will go and wait until everything bubbles, then turn the heat down to low again.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until it is smooth.
This is my favorite recipe because it's simple, easy to make, healthy, and delicious. I love making this soup, especially in the winter time to help me keep myself warm.
If you are looking for more great recipes, check out Allrecipes, a fantastic website that offers free recipes online.